CHAPTER 1 - RESOURCES
1. What is a resource? What are the different types of resources?
2. Define sustainable development? Write the important principles of sustainable development.
3. Draw a flow chart to explain the classification of resources.
4. Define Conservation of resources. Mention few steps to conserve resources.
5. Human resource is the most valuable resource of the present time. Elaborate.
6. Define value. "Use of a resource depends on its value", explain different types of values.
7. Distinguish between Natural Resource and Human Made Resource.
8. Distinguish between Ubiquitous Resource and Localised Resource.
9. Distinguish between Biotic and Abiotic Resource.
10. Distinguish between Potential and Developed Resource.
11. Distinguish between Renewable and Non-Renewable Resource.
12. Why is the conservation of resources essential?
13. Define the term Utility with a suitable example.
CHAPTER 2 - LAND, SOIL, WATER, NATURAL VEGETATION & WILDLIFE
1. Define the following: (a) Land Degradation (b) Ecosystem (c) Extinct Species
(d) Soil (e) Endangered Species (f) Soil Profile (g) Land Slides
(h) Natural Vegetation (i) Tundra (j) Biosphere (k) Leaching
2. List out the factors affecting land use pattern of an area.
3. Write down the causes of land degradation and measures to control land degradation.
4. What are the different factors effecting the formation of soil.
5. What are soil horizons? Explain the various soil horizons present in a soil profile with the help of a diagram.
6. Discuss the agricultural practices that can be adopted for soil conservation.
7. Write a note on different types of soil.
8. Write a short note on the availability of water on the earth's surface.
9. What are the factors responsible for the shortage of freshwater?
10. Suggest different ways to conserve water.
11. Name the different types of natural vegetations present in the world.
12. Distinguish between Evergreen Forest and Deciduous Forests.
13. Explain different ways of conservation of forests and wildlife.
14. Explain the effects of clearance and destruction of natural vegetation.
15. Define CITES. What is the role of CITES in saving the flora and fauna?
CHAPTER 3 - MINERALS AND POWER RESOURCES
1. Define: (a) Minerals (b) Ore.
2. With the help of a flow chart explain the different types of minerals.
3. Minerals are very important to us. Why?
4. Explain the properties of minerals.
5. Explain the different methods used for the extraction of minerals.
6. Write a note to explain the distribution of minerals in the world and in India.
7. How can we conserve minerals and power minerals?
8. Why is petroleum called 'black gold'?
9. From which two minerals is nuclear energy produced.
10. Write a short note on "Energy needs of the future".
11. Write the advantages and disadvantages of:
(a) Hydel Power (b) Wind Energy (c) Oil fuel (d) Tidal Energy
12. There is a need for development of non-conventional sources of energy. Give reasons.
13. Explain different type's conventional and non-conventional sources of energy.
14. Distinguish between metallic and non-metallic minerals.
15. Distinguish between conventional and non-conventional sources of energy.